Monday, June 15, 2009

More randomness

In getting to know myself better, I was thinking about what I "want" from my partner. This is not a simple wish list, or what I feel I'm lacking, but I think maybe more of an assertion as one of two in a relationship. You know how it is, we can be pretty needy self-interested people. And that's not bad, it just us being human. Anyways, if it makes sense, here it is. As always, my non-readers, feel free to leave your ghost comments :P

coming up on a later post is what I think I offer :), plus the principles I'm trying to distill (much like what is done in the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People)

What am I looking for in a partner?

Laughs with me on the silly things

Is smart, but that doesn’t necessarily mean “book smart”

Shows tenderness, care and affection spontaneously, joyously, in private or as appropriate in public

Will surprise me with a hug from behind

Lots of hugs

Treats me to little surprises, even if it’s a little note on a post-it

Enjoys a quiet walk through the park or the woods

Enjoys a hike every now and then

Engages in a fun pillow fight

Pushes me on my areas of growth with tender support

Sends me a fun e-mail or text

Surprises me with short calls to say hi

Appreciates that I want to treat her like a queen

Likes a healthy sense of adventure and takes me along

Treats me like I’m unique and special, not just another guy

Plans a weekend or an evening for me

Spoils me every now and then, including with fun pet names

Knows that what I do for her I do so willingly

That although it leaves me pretty vulnerable at times, understands that I love her unconditionally, and that ain't easy

No comments: